FCA Wrestling Board Member (since 2011)
Founder and former President and CEO of The Cochlan Group, Inc.
WHY FCA WRESTLING?
“Being a wrestler for many years, I continue to have a passion for the sport of wrestling. I love the sport and love Christ. The combination of these two loves is what drew me to FCA Wrestling. Now that I have been on the Board for several years, I am more enthused than ever since FCA Wrestling has grown considerably and is continuing to change the world for Christ.”
- Founder of The Cochlan Group, inc. in 1998 (and its wholly-owned subsidiary Bank Consulting Group, inc.) where he served as President and Chief Executive Officer; then sold his company in late 2019 to National Financial Partners where he continues to work
- Pioneered the design, implementation, and financing of nonqualified executive benefit plans; has served the Corporate Owned Life Insurance (“COLI”), Bank Owned Life Insurance (“BOLI”) and executive benefit plan needs of all size organizations including Fortune 500 companies, small to mid-size corporations, banks, hospitals and not-for-profit organizations since 1983
- Began his professional career as a certified public accountant with Price Waterhouse; joined Clark/Bardes (subsequently Clark Consulting) and quickly emerged as a major owner and one of its top producers and a driving force in the development of innovative approaches to use COLI and BOLI to recruit, retain, and reward key employees, directors, and other highly compensated employees
- Earned his BSBA degree in Accounting at Bowling Green State University and is currently a member of the Bowling Green President’s Club; also a lifetime member of the International Forum and the Top of the Table, member of the National Association of Life Underwriters, the Chicago Association of Life Underwriters and the Association for Advanced Life Underwriting
- Has served on the Boards of several organizations including Cornerstone University, Fellowship of Christian Athletes Wrestling, Andesa Services, and is a significant contributor to numerous not-for-profit organizations/ministries
- Lives in the Chicago area where he and his wife, Susan, are the proud parents of three precious children—Cullen, Stephanie, and Cassidy